Monday, September 12, 2011

VACATION DAY FOUR!!!

Today we landed in the lovely Half Moon Cay.  It is a private island for the cruise ships to visit.  Sadly there is hardly anyone living on the island so the crew of the Destiny have to unload all the food and drinks in the humid hot sun.  They really do so much for us.  Then again they are being paid pretty good so I'm sure it's worth it to them. 
The beach was so beautiful!  The sand was a nice white and very fine.  I swear I did not want to get off that island.  While Mom and Jack were on their island tour bike ride Dad, Addie, and me all explored the island.  I found many beautiful shells that made the ones I had gotten in Miami slightly disapointing.  The water was very clear you could see maybe fifty feet down if you were out far enough.  It was also beyond warm.  After we got back on the ship Mom wished she could get back in. 
Back on the ship I mainly wandered around sitting on the deck in the shade since it was so far beyond hot and humid those words don't even cover it.  I read my book the majority of the time.  Grabbed a drink (coke) and continued to wander and read. 
Soon it came time for dinner and I decided to make my way to the dining room.  On my way in I run into Mom saying how she had been looking for me.  I told her a thousand times I wasn't lost, but I don't think she believed me. 
Dinner was awesome as usual.  After wards I went up to my club, but still not staying too long.  I felt out of place so I just went back to the room and collapsed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment