Sunday, September 11, 2011

VACATION DAY ONE!

Sorry it's been a while, but with school started and the homework mounting up and work, I just haven't had the time.  Never fear, however, because I will be more on top of it from now on.  You're welcome. 
Anyway now to my story.  Last week my family, my dads parents and grandma, and sister's family went on a week long cruise to the Bahamas.  If you go look at my mom's blog you will see some pretty good pictures of our relaxing vacation.  Mine will come shortly, but my cameras such a terrible shot that it wont really matter.  (Hint hint Santa!)  We flew to Miami and spent the night in a lovely beach side hotel.  My grandmother's room and mine only saw construction.  My mom earned the beach view room.  After a night full of the beach and eating at the delicious Johnny Rockets we went to bed to get ready for the hecktic day of waiting in lines and getting onto the boat.  As we sailed away from Miami we wandered the ship.  Let me tell you, I will never complain about the heat in Utah again. It is so hot and humid in Miami its barely bareable.  Anywho, the ship was huge!  I was worrying I was going to be lost.  I didn't wanna relive the first cruise I went on.  I got lost and as I was younger I panicked and had a break down.  I shared another room with my grandma and it was quite roomy.  The beds were comfortable and the bathroom, well you couldn't complain too much.  The buffet was the first place Jack wanted to go.  We did get some food and then decided to lounge around.  Soon however the boat drill started and we stood in huddled groups of hundereds of people learning what to do and where to go.  I'm just glad it wasn't too long.  Then we all went to dinner which was lovely thanks to your two super waitresses Tri and Elizabeth.  They were funny as ever! After a tasty dinner we wandered more and finally crashed.  The boat gently rocking us to sleep as we had now left the port of Miami and on our way to Grand Turk.  That was the first day of our luxurious vacation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment